The lieutenants are high ranking officers and guards in the game. They are smarter and more perceptive than their lesser counterpart. They have a longer point of view and pose a greater threat to the player. They will not be fooled by the Patrol Guard Uniform, but they will be fooled by the Lieutenant's Uniform. Their simpler ally are the Guard and their commanding officers are the kommandant.
The lieutenant are just like the guard except that they are smarter and more alert, you can use many of the same tricks you use with the guard.
- In normal perception, guards can only see what is in their point of view (yellow cone).
- Guards can be fooled by throwing stones at certain items (barrels, certain boxes, vases, throwing stones at the guard himself ect.) and hiding under or in objects (under trucks, cars and tables, and hiding in closets).
- Guards in watchtowers can see further than guards on foot (although breaking the light with a slingshot may help).
- There are three certain individual prisoners at almost every camp that can distract the guards for twenty five currency.
- The first lieutenant you meet is at Stalag Luft.
- The only time you see a lieutenant is when you are in an illegal area.